Need to Make a Free Website or Blog?
If are looking to make a free website or make a free blog, you are on the wrong page. To make a free Blogger blog, visit Make a Free Blog. To make a free website, visit Make a Free Website. To make a free Tumblr blog visit Make a Free Tumblr Blog. To make a free Posterous blog, visit Make a Free Posterous Blog.
If you are looking for tips to make a website step by step, continue reading.
Either you have been here before or have a good idea what you’re doing, so you decided to fast forward to the meat of the site to make a website. Below is a modified version of the site highlighting the most important details to get you started in less than 15 min.
If you are ready to take action, I’ve got the hookups with the best places to get these three things for less than you paid your lunch today and once you’ve got these things all setup you will be ready to learn how to make a website.
If you’re not taking action, you’re just wasting your time. Start by getting these three things:
1. Register a Domain
Whether you’re an individual trying to make money online or create a hobby website, the first step that helps create your brand in the dot com world is your domain name. A Domain is the web address where people can reach you online. Domains are relatively cheap, usually costing less than $10. I suggest buying domains at Hostgator!
If you need help choosing just the right domain name start with the Register a Domain page, then come back here. I offer a few tips and tricks to help you find the perfect domain name.
2. Purchase Hosting (and your Domain at the same time)
A company that sells space for files and web pages on their servers (a computer that stores files to be shown on the internet) for direct access to the world wide web. Hosting (also known as Web site hosting and Web hosting) is the business of housing, providing a server, and maintaining files for one or more Web sites. (see more in Purchase Hosting)
Many hosts try to trick new customers into buying expensive packages, when it really doesn’t need to be pricey at all. I recommend using Hostgator, where you can sign up today for only $5 bucks a month. It’s hard to beat a price like that.
Why Do I Like Love Hostgator?
Well it’s simple. They offer a very comprehensive solution built especially for beginners.
- Free Setup - many hosting providers will charge you a fee to just create your account and Hostgator doesn’t!
- 24/7 Customer Service – all of Hostgator’s hosting plans includes state-of-the-art hosting plans come complete with FREE 24/7 technical support (Premium Support via Phone, Live Chat, and Ticket System via Email).
- 4,500 Free Website Templates – a quick and easy online website builder which helps you build a personal or professional looking site. All you do is select a design template and then add your text and pictures. No software or programming experience necessary.
- $100 Google AdWords Credit - With Google AdWords, a web site can be advertised across the Google network to get real targeted traffic today. HostGator clients can get a $100 coupon for Google AdWords® for free.
- 1-Click Installs with Fantastico – Over 50 already installed web applications like WordPress, Joomla, e-commerce, photo galleries, message boards/forums, project management, social networking, portals counters and much more!
- Still not convinced? Well read more about why I love Hostgator’s hosting service.
The Best Free Hostgator Discount Coupon Code
Not only is Hostgator the best hosting provider on the planet, but if you use the discount coupon code ‘BrandBuild’ your first month will be only $1. You can’t beat that. One dollar hosting? Plus they give you a 45-day money back guarantee! To top it off, this Hostgator discount coupon code is that it NEVER expires!
3. Build Your Own Website
Now it’s time to begin building your website step by step. The thought of actually building a website can make many web newbies cringe and is often the biggest hurdle in their road to success. So let’s get started!
Almost all web hosting companies are famous for taking your order, setting up your account, sending you a welcome email then leaving you to figure out what to do next. At Hostgator that’s not going to happen. They Online offer a FREE support portal with over 500+ Video Tutorials and 680+ Help Articles. It’s perfect for newbies!
In addition to the tutorials and help articles, at anytime you can visit Hostgator and click the chat button at the top right of the site and ask them any question about how to get started. They are the most helpful customer service team around and I’ve never had to wait more than a few second for a chat operator to assist me.
So I Received My Welcome Email, Now What?
Good Question! You can start by heading over to the Hostgator Tutorials section. They have tons of videos to get you started step by step, but here are a few I think you should definitely take a look at.
- Logging into cPanel
- Creating an email account
- Creating an FTP account
- Parking a domain
- Using fantastico
- Logging into Sitebuilder
- Using the site wizard | Part 1
- Using the site wizard | Part 2
- Using the site wizard | Part 3
- Using the site wizard | Part 4
- Installing WordPress via Fantastico
- Installing WordPress manually
- Configuring settings
- Managing themes
- Resetting your password
- Managing users
- Updating your profile
- Managing posts
- Managing pages
- Managing categories
- Managing comments
- Managing plugins
- Changing the header colors for the default theme
Additional Free Resources