In today’s world almost everyone has internet access and even if you don’t there are plenty of places that give you access for free (cyber cafes, schools, libraries, etc.). So it makes sense that people are becoming more and more dependent on the internet. You can do almost anything online that we used to do via phone. Consumers want access to information 24/7 and be able to contact someone with knowledge in just a few clicks.
Because of this, having a web presence is extremely important and almost essential to surviving in today’s financial situation. With billions of sites online today, how will you get noticed and stand out amongst your competition?
It doesn’t matter if your business has anything to do with technology or not, EVERYONE needs to make a website, even if it just has your contact info and hours of operation, but if you need more convincing here is a list of my top 10 reasons you need a website. If customers can’t find you online, they are less likely to take you seriously. So lets get started!
Follow these are the steps you take to begin your journey:
- first you need an idea or topic
- a few dollars (at minimum 20.00)
- learn about buying a domain for your new site or just go buy it
- learn about buying a hosting plan for your site or just go get one
- choose the type of site you will need or compare a blog vs. a website
- make a website
- write some content
- add some functionality
- make sure google, yahoo and msn can find you by optimizing your webpages and researching your keywords
- promote your site online using social media
- learn about some common mistakes
- then, MAYBE make some money