Do you know why so many entrepreneurs fail to make money online or anywhere else? One of the main reasons people fail is because their expectations are too high at the beginning. They want to make a website by learning from the so-called online gurus, but have unrealistic dreams of making thousands of dollars, fast! They search the web and see other people working and making a living online, but they don’t fully understand the amount of time, effort and resources have been spent trying to make their first dollar.
Also in recent years, people have become very lazy and spoiled. They want the easy way out, so they hop online and search Google for making money online, find a website, with flashy graphics, pictures of checks from Google and claiming to have all the answers to their money problems. Just one catch, they want you to buy something!
I’m not trying to sound angry or upset, I just don’t believe in giving people false information in exchange for making a buck. I think it’s not only the scammers online that push unnecessary products, but the people that buy into them and their eagerness to make a quick buck online.
Whatever your financial situation maybe, signing up for the money making programs because the sales page pulls at your heart strings is never the answer. Be strong, be smart and come up with a long term plan to make money online and find a honest community/leaders to follow.
Can Everyday People Really Make Money Online?
Of course it’s possible to make money online, but it’s not going to happen overnight and thinking otherwise will set you up for disappointment. Disappointment which causes a lot of people to give up before they ever get a chance to see results.
It doesn’t matter if you are selling your own product, promoting an affiliate product or have monetized your site with Google Adsense, making your first $1 online can be a huge hurdle. Wouldn’t it be great to earn $3000 your first month? Sure it would, but why not start small. Just imagine if you were able to successfully optimize your website for your keywords and make $1 a day. Now imagine if you were to create 20 more sites, each earning $1 a day. That’s an earning potential of $20 a day multiplied by 30 equals $600.
Does creating and maintaining 20 website seem unrealistic and overwhelming? Believe it it isn’t. Once you have followed the steps on this site for getting started online, the process goes much faster so all you need to do is wash, rinse ad repeat.
This is just one example, but if you’re not interested in building websites there are other ways to make money online like data entry, article writing or searching Craigslist for legitimate telecommuting jobs are a good start.
Keep Your Expectations in Check
Here are a few tips to make sure your online goals are attainable. Read them, re-read them, then print them out and post them next to your computer.
1. Before setting any goals for making money online, you need to create your objective. Why do you want to make money online? Are you trying to replace the income from your current job? Do you want to earn extra money for a deluxe vacation? Do you need extra money as a secondary income for your household?
2. Once you have carefully defined your object, you can begin to make a plan. Creating a plan to make money online will help you earn more in the long term and will also help determine your strengths and weaknesses. How will you earn money online? What hours are you available to work? Do you want to find legitimate employment with a reputable company? Do you want to become a web entrepreneur by building a niche site?
3. Set small realistic goals at first. If you want to make money on your own website using Adsense or by promoting affiliate products, set a goal to make $1 a day. Then, once you have achieved that goal raise it to $5 a day? If you are looking for freelance work online, how much do you need to make an hour?
4. Create a To Do List for each day to encourage you to achieve your goals. What do you hope to achieve today? What did you achieve yesterday? It takes effort to make a living online, so dedication is a must!
5. The last step is to Get Started! What’s the point of setting goals if you’re not going to act on them? In order to make money on the Internet, you’ll need to be dedicated to what you do. Follow your daily goals and remember to stay focused! You’ll be making money on the Internet in no time!